Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I want a whole nother apple!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSSQe6vsSw

"Oops, my bad."
"Your bad?? What are you talking about?! There's no subject! Your toe, your IQ?"
"Hey, don't make me feel bad about the way I talk!"
"You feel bad? Like evil? I think you mean feel badly."

Hahaha. That is just an example of this hilarious video I just discovered. I encourage everybody to watch it!

I have to say, it's making me think. Is the proper English language going extinct? I've long thought about the "like" phenomenon, which I myself am a victim of, as well as so many expressions that we say that simply do not make sense - are these signs that we're losing the concept of the well-spoken and well-written word?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Sabrina showed me this video. Ugh, our collective ignorance of basic literacy saddens me--but even moreso when I receive an email from another teacher or professional that I can barely decipher due to offensive grammatical errors. At least we have satire to laugh it off--do you, like, know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like, think so?
    And could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete